- We want to gain something, but we don't get it. So we speak ill of others and criticize them subjectively.
- We envy what they have. A quarrel builds up.
- When we ask to have something, we ask with wrong motives. We are selfish and we don't think about anything except what is pleasing to us.
- Submit to the highest authority first, God. If we don't know how to submit to Him, how then can we submit to the people He has placed over us?
- Submit to the people placed by God in authority.
- Admit that you are wrong and don't do it again.
- Don't put the things pleasing to you in first place.
- Humble yourselves so that you may be lifted up!
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye
9Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
James 4:7-10 (KJV)