from me to you:

Words are not enough to say how many blessings we receive from the Lord each day [Just the fact that you landed on this page is already a huge blessing!]. It is for this reason that How Blessed and Loved I Am exists - to tell, in words, in pictures, in music, in videos, how every smile, every laugh, every frown, every tear, every shout, and every jump are very much part of God's shower of graces.

Join us in sharing the little microscopic blessings we receive each day from Him, our everlasting and ever-loving Father!^^



^^

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fear has no authority over me!

I often feel scared at the thought of my own future. Just thinking about it hurts my heart so much that I automatically burst into tears. How could something so unknown hurt me so much? How could something only God holds be so terrifying to me?

Do I lack in faith? Am I trusting God only for the time being? Then again, do I really trust Him with all my heart, my mind and my soul?

I may be wrong in thinking I've been faithful to the Lord for the past twenty-three years for a concern as small as this gets me trembling and shaking. :sorry:

Even with all this doubt, He answers me with absolute certainty in 2 Kings.
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
2 Kings 6:16 (KJV)
I've always feared the unknown, believing it might eat me up anytime. I've feared the future, thinking nothing good is in store for me. I've feared myself, knowing that I'm imperfect and that I can hurt people in the long run.

I've lived in fear, but the Lord has redeemed me. And His promises are the very ones I will be holding on to.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4 (KJV)
Darkness is unknown; shadows are unfathomable, but the Lord is my guide and my light. Who shall I be afraid of?
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Matt 6:25-26 (KJV)
The future is not my problem. In fact, I shouldn't have any worries at all. The Lord provides even to the lowliest of creatures, and yet they don't equal to us in God's eyes. We are His precious children, His beloved princes and princesses. It's not a question of whether He will provide for us or not; it's more of us trusting that He will provide.
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Romans 3:24-26 (KJV)
I was a sinner - no doubt, but the Lord's abundant grace has justified us through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Being a slave to sin by fearing it makes Jesus' sacrifice pointless. Entrusting Him our lives, our worries and fears is what He wants us to do.
23 And the LORD was gracious unto them, and had compassion on them, and had respect unto them, because of his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and would not destroy them, neither cast he them from his presence as yet.
2 Kings 13:23 (KJV)
The Lord never forgets His promises. He keeps His covenant throughout generations, and His promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be carried out to us.
With the covenant we now have with the Lord, I will hold on to the promise He has given us. I will hold on to Him who has never broken a promise with His beloved children. This time is for the Lord - for Him to do what He pleases in our lives, for His honor and glory to be proclaimed through us, and for His love and grace to be brought to every one of His creations.
These lives are for You - mine and Jetsky's. Use them as you please. :woooh:



Smiles,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails